Mahatma Gandhi the Father of our Nation wasnt a Management Guru or a Business Leader. He was the leader of the masses and led India into Freedom in a unique way – the non-violent struggle.
He was unique because he chose a path that no one else dared to dream. He chose an uncoventional path to Freedom struggle against a colonial Empire that had spread its tentacles far and wide. He was able to inspire millions of people at a time when there was no Television, Internet, Social Media etc and rallied the People of India to a common Vision – FREEDOM.
Many of his thoughts, ideas can be truly inspiring to the Business Leaders and Business community as well. Here are some of his thoughts that could inspire us at the Work Place :
- The future depends on what you do today.
- A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
- A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.
- It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
- Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.
- If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- See the good in people and help them.