The year 2014 is significant to us at NHRD Bangalore. We are celebrating our Silver Jubilee, the 25th year of establishing the Bangalore Chapter.
This eventful journey began in 1989 when a few committed HR Professionals from our city volunteered to form this Chapter at Bangalore. Since then, till date, with dedicated efforts from 12 Presidents, their Executive Committees and most importantly, all of you, the Bangalore chapter has grown to 1400+ members to be the 4th largest Chapter in India. We have been privileged to host 2 National Conferences (in 2004 & 2011), at Bangalore and more recently, we have also been honored with the Best Chapter Award for 2013.
The Silver Jubilee of course is an opportunity to celebrate – more importantly, it presents an opportunity to reaffirm our commitment of bringing exceptional value to members. As part of this effort, we have conceived two initiatives especially for 2014.
1. Bringing NHRD to your doorstep: We recognize that the city of Bangalore has grown very large and coupled with the burgeoning traffic, many of you are unable to participate in our activities, despite your best intent. We want to address this by bringing some of our activities to your doorstep. We have classified Bangalore into four clusters –
1. Embassy Golf Links & Central Business District
2. Electronic City & Sarjapur
3. Peenya & Manyata Tech Park and
4. Whitefield & Outer Ring Road
We will bring you 25 events in our 25th year.
16 events would be held at your doorstep (4 events in each of the 4 clusters, one event every quarter) and 9 events will be centrally held. These events will be high-quality workshops or tete-e-tetes with global leaders in HR and will create opportunities for contrarian dialogues.
A few distinguished members of our network have stepped forward to lead this initiative & I have pleasure in introducing them to you:
- Dr. Balaji Sreeramulu of Professional Access (MBalaji@ProfessionalAccess.com, 80950 67500 / 9900212331 ) will lead the Embassy Golf Link (EGL) and Central Business District (CBD) cluster
- Anju Bhatia, a Leadership Development consultant (email@example.com, 98801 85515) similarly for Electronic City & Sarjapur
- Krishna Setlur of HRPLEX Consulting (firstname.lastname@example.org, 98450 07675) will lead the Peenya and Manyata Tech Park cluster and
- Ramesh Ranjan of Schneider Electric (Ramesh.Ranjan@schneider-electric.com, 99455 60202) will facilitate these events in the Whitefield & Outer Ring Road cluster
I welcome you to reach out to them to know more about what is planned for your area. By the way, the first of these events is scheduled for Monday, January 20 at the Wipro campus in E-city. In partnership with The Conference Board & Wipro, we are bringing you a workshop with Rebecca Ray. Do join us.
2. HR Showcase – a signature event: As you are aware, the Bangalore chapter pioneered the ‘HR Showcase’. We now wish to make it the signature event for the Silver Jubilee year, providing an opportunity for the country’s best HR practices to be exhibited. Jayanth Narayanan (email@example.com, 98459 90910) would co-ordinate this event.
All of you are absolutely key to the success of these initiatives and the Silver Jubilee celebrations – I welcome your active participation and suggestions.
If you are not a member of NHRD, please visit http://www.nationalhrd.org/user/register to enroll for membership.
Wishing you a wonderful 2014
(On behalf of the Executive Committee)
More information at: